Lead Service Designer
We’re growing our Service Design practice and seeking a Lead Service Designer to join our insatiably curious family, develop our Service Design offer, and lead on challenging and complex problems for our clients.
Our Lead Service Designers lead multidisciplinary teams of designers and technologists, and the project from research to delivery. They abstract original insight, design, validate and sell compelling visions, and help deliver pragmatic roadmaps leading a team and client through the exciting journey. They are deeply strategic, innovative and commercially minded.
Within all of this, it's important that our Service Designers understand design and have worked closely with designers before. Our methodology rests on bringing together strategy, design and technology, with all three disciplines working closely together to drive the best outcome for our clients and our studio.
Some of our recent Service Design projects include:
- Transforming employee experiences within an international bank
- Redesigning and piloting a new mortgages application process
- Designing the service touch points around a brand new mobile proposition.
Experience that we feel is important for this role
- User experience and design at the heart of everything you do.
- Innovation, digital transformation, customer experience, and/or digital product and service development.
- Keenly interested in and knowledgeable about digital technology.
- Sketching and prototyping skills.
- Agile and Lean working.
- Experience of working closely with designers and technologists.
We’re going to treat you properly
- Generous and competitive salary (they're benchmarked and we're proud).
- Paid-for private healthcare packages to chose from.
- Company pension contributions.
- 20 days of holidays, plus 8 days of bank holidays (with a couple extra available to you when you need and want them). Plus additional Christmas closure to save these days for the rest of the year.
- Childcare support, including additional time off when you need to attend appointments and childcare vouchers.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Flexible working programmes. Many of the team have other things that they are involved in and we're on a mission to design a place to work where this is encouraged and supported. There is no one model to fit all so feel free to talk to us about what you need.
- Individual training budget for personal development (you'll have £1000 to attend conferences, buy books, crash courses, or seek out some coaching, in addition to our company wide activities).
- Communities of Practice meet ups every week. Connect with your team or join other teams to share interesting things, seek out feedback, and work on side projects together.
- Social events every month. We've been locked in a room with a zombie, gone climbing, ran around laser quest, brewed beer, learnt magic and coming up is our first poker night.
- Quarterly company days. We take ourselves out of the office regularly and each time we try to focus on something we're currently doing or something coming up. It's our time to set strategy, prioritise plans and make sure everyone is involved. It's also just a lot of fun.
If this is the kind of gig and company you like the sound of we’d love to hear from you!